There is a temptation for someone to use these against your spouse...but the Biblical guidance is to test yourself in your own role.
Matthew 7:3-4 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?"
How does the Bible describe the wife’s role in marriage?
- Helpmate (Genesis 2:18)
- Loving and gracious submission to the leadership of her husband (Ephesians 5:22, Colossians 3:18)
- Not strive or resist the leadership of her husband (Genesis 3:16, 1 Peter 3:1)
- Respect her husband (Ephesians 5:33)
- Diligent worker, whether at home or in the worklplace (Proverbs 31)
- Hospitable towards others and generous towards poor (Proverbs 31)
- Cares for children and household (Proverb 31)
- Meet sexual needs of husband (1 Corinthians 7)
- Be beautiful on the inside (1 Peter 3:4)
- Spiritual leader ( 1 Corinthians 11:3) towards glorifying God and unity with each other (one flesh)
- Not dictatorial or harsh (Colossians 3:19)
- Leading in a sacrificial way the way Christ loves the church (Ephesians 5:23)
- Provide - feed and care (Ephesians 5:29, Genesis 3:17-19)
- Protect - love their wives as their own bodies (Ephesians 5:28, 1 Peter 3:7)
- Praise your wife (Proverbs 31:28)
- Meet sexual needs of wife (1 Corinthians 7)
- Be considerate and respect your wife (1 Peter 3:7)