- What does the Bible say about marriage?
- Is it right for a Christian to date or marry a non-Christian?
- Does a wife have to submit to her husband?
- What is/isn't a Christian married couple allowed to do, sexually?
- How often should a married couple have sex?
- What does the Bible say about divorce and remarriage?
- What does the Bible say about engagement?
- Where should we, as Christians, stand on gay marriage?
- What does the Bible say about prenuptial agreements?
- What does it mean to be one flesh in a marriage?
- How can I restore my marriage?
- Is it wrong for a married couple to have sex just for pleasure?
- Does marriage hinder your relationship with God?
- Should a married person have a close friend of the opposite sex?
- What should a Christian do if he or she is married to an unbeliever?
- What should be the Christian view of romance?
- Making marriage last - what is the key?
- What does the Bible say about the concept of a common law marriage?
- What does it mean to leave and cleave?
- Does the Bible support the Catholic practice of a marriage annulment?
- What does the Bible say about sex before marriage / premarital sex?
- What does a healthy, successful marriage look like?
- What does it really mean to "become one" with my spouse?
- How does God define my role as a wife?
- How can I prevent financial issues from becoming stumbling blocks in my marriage?
- I'm falling out of love with my spouse (and he with me), and I'm tempted to have an affair. What would be the harm?
- Why does the Bible talk about submission in marriage? What does God mean by it?
- How can my spouse and I grow spiritually as a couple?
- How can I lead my unbelieving spouse to Christ without offending him/her?
- My spouse doesn't share my passion for spiritual things. How can I deal with my frustration and sadness?
- What's essential for a healthy, rewarding sex life?
- What does God think about divorce?
- How can I learn to forgive my spouse even when there's no apology?
- My spouse is emotionally distant. How can I feel closer to him/her?
Here are some more helpful answers to questions about parenting!
- Does a wife have to submit to her husband?
- What are to be our top priorities in our family life?
- What does the Bible say about adoption?
- What does the Bible say about infertility?
- What does the Bible say about Christian mothers?
- What does the Bible say about Christian fathers?
- Does God expect all of us to have children?
- What does the Bible say about in-vitro fertilization?
- What does the Bible say about disciplining children?
- How do I survive trying to raise a teenager?
- What are the roles of the husband and wife in a family?
- What do I do with a rebellious child?
- What does the Bible say about being a good parent?
- What does the Bible say about caring for our old parents?
- What does the Bible say about being or using a surrogate mother?
- How do we honor an abusive parent?
- How do you balance leave and cleave with honoring your parents?
- What should a Christian parents do if they have a prodigal son (or daughter)?
- How should a Christian view ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)?
- What does God have to say to single mothers?
- I long to have children. Will God ever fulfill this dream?
- Sometimes I get upset and angry with my kids. How can I maintain a loving attitude when I'm about to explode?
- How can I nurture my child's self worth?
- How can I effectively balance my roles as parent and wife?
- How can I raise a child to be kind and considerate of others?
- How can I know what's best for my elderly parents?
- How can I tell if I'm doing a good job as a mother?
- How can I encourage my child's faith to grow?
- How can I protect my kids from negative cultural influences?
- I grieve over my child's rebellion. What should I tell him or her?
- What advice, if any, should I give my twenty-something child?
- How can I best relate to my adult child?
- How can I deal with the challenges of being a single parent?
- Is it legit and approved by the Better Business Bureau?
- How much money goes towards the actual end-goal and purpose of the charity?
- How much money goes towards administration?
- How much money goes towards fundraising? (you'd be surprised the number of charities that sink 15% or more into fundraising...i.e. your donations are paying the wages of the fundraisers)
- What is its evaluation by others? (some evaluations have extensive standards for giving 'ratings' of charities)
- If it is a "Christian" charity, is there a direct connection to the Gospel in the ministries they perform?
- Is there a more effective and efficient charity in the area in which I am choosing to give?
Some resources to use:
- Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org/charity/)
- Charity Navigator (http://www.charitynavigator.org/)
- American Institute of Philanthropy (http://www.charitywatch.org/)
- The website of the organization you are considering giving to
As you give it is important to consider:
- Your resources are ultimately God's and not your own. You are but a steward called to be a wise caretaker of what God has entrusted you with.
- The most important treasure you have been given to share is the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ...are you sharing and giving Him to others?
Proverbs 11:24-25 "One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. 25 A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed."
Matthew 10:7-8 "7As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.' 8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give."
Ephesians 3:8 "8Although I am less than the least of all God's people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ"
1 Timothy 6:17-19 "17As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. 18They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, 19thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life."
Most Viewed Blog Posts
Dear Mr. President, I’m a Casualty of Your Drive-By Tweeting War. We all are. Last week you tweeted an insult my way. It was an acci...
Pokémon is huge fad that is reemerging with the insanely popular Pokémon Go mobile app/game. No doubt, the technology and gaming is AMA...
The below Bible verses are a set that were helpful to my family and my mother as she passed away from cancer. I was reminded of them recent...