- "72 percent (of parents) want their children to have more than they themselves had growing up"
- "87 percent of parents believe it is important to teach their children how to have a relationship with God"
- "55 percent of parents agree they try to take their children to worship services on a regular basis"
- "47 percent agree they do not want to influence their children too much about religion, saying, 'It’s important they find their own way.'"
- "17% of weekly churchgoers, 41% of born-again Christians and 24% of evangelicals do not strongly agree that they need to take their children to services regularly"
The results: many parents value in speech "a relationship with God", but are a significant number are unwilling to build and support that relationship by bringing their children to church.
Since when do children learn to 'find their own way' without the influence of their parents? Do not doubt that children are influenced, for good and for bad, by what they see and don't see in the lives of their parents. A child of any age is far more likely to model what is done rather than what is said by a parent. They will prioritize what the parent prioritizes in the use of their time, emotion, money, and energy. Is your relationship with God a priority in your life? Does it show in a way that inspires your child to emulate you? Is there any hypocrisy that must be rooted out? 1 Corinthians 4:16, 20 "Therefore I urge you to imitate me...For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power." Proverbs 20:7 "The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him." Photo Above: A sealed church door in Anglesey, Gwalchmai at St Morhaearn's Church from http://www.photosofchurches.com/
Most Viewed Blog Posts
Dear Mr. President, I’m a Casualty of Your Drive-By Tweeting War. We all are. Last week you tweeted an insult my way. It was an acci...
Pokémon is huge fad that is reemerging with the insanely popular Pokémon Go mobile app/game. No doubt, the technology and gaming is AMA...
The below Bible verses are a set that were helpful to my family and my mother as she passed away from cancer. I was reminded of them recent...