- "The average cohabitation last 18 months"
- "Only 30% [of cohabitations] 'transitioned into marriage'"
- "the 70% of couples who separate after living together experience a 'premarital divorce,' which can be as painful as a real divorce"
- "Marriages that are preceded by living together have 50% higher disruption rates than marriages without premarital cohabitation"
- "those who cohabited even only for one month displayed poorer communication and problem solving skills than those who had not lived together first"
- "the majority of non-marital births (52%) occurred within cohabiting unions...13 million single-parent families cost taxpayers $20,000 per family in 2004, a total of $260 billion. Half of that total comes from unwed births to cohabiting moms"
Hebrews 13:4 "Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous."