- "Tolle's teaching is the oldest blasphemy in the world. It is the same lie to which Satan wanted Eve to "awaken" in the Garden of Eden: "You will be like God" (Gen. 3:5). Sadly, just like Eve, many still fall for it."
- "Tolle's chief heresy about man is his teaching that each of us is god."
- "the "salvation" (p. 13) we need is not the forgiveness of sin, but enlightenment."
- " Tolle clearly admires Jesus, and quotes Him several times in A New Earth, but only as a great spiritual teacher. The events which are not only the most important in the life of Jesus, but also the most important in the entire Bible and indeed in the history of the world—namely the crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, and second coming of Jesus Christ—Tolle completely ignores."
- "Like Rhonda Byrne in The Secret, Tolle is shrewd enough to scour the Scriptures and wrench a few verses from their contexts to give the false impression that the Bible supports his views. And yet, in the end he points his readers to themselves as the ultimate authority: "Yes, you are the Truth. If you look for it elsewhere, you will be deceived every time" (p. 71). "
- "In the final analysis, The Secret is nothing more than Name It-Claim It, Positive-Confession, Prosperity Theology (without God and the Bible), built on a foundation of New Age self-deification. In other words, the book is just another version of what some TV preachers have taught for decades, namely, if you will sustain the right thoughts, words, and feelings, you will receive whatever you want. But The Secret adds this important twist: your thoughts can bring anything into your life because you are god."
Alliance Defense Fund - "directly litigates some carefully chosen, strategic cases for a unique purpose: to train newly licensed attorneys in the fine art of litigating—and winning—legal matters protecting religious freedom, the sanctity of human life, and traditional family values"
- "Knowing Your Rights: A Guide for Christian Students" (full version)
- "Student Rights" (shorter, summary version)
- The Ten Commandments
- "The Truth About Faith in the Workplace"
- Traditional Family
- Sanctity of Life
Christian Law Association: "to provide free legal assistance to Bible-believing churches and Christians who are experiencing legal difficulty in practicing their religious faith because of governmental regulation, intrusion, or prohibition of one form or another"
The Rutherford Institute:" a civil liberties organization that provides free legal services to people whose constitutional and human rights have been threatened or violated"
Christian Legal Society: "to inspire, encourage, and equip Christian lawyers and law students, both individually and in community, to proclaim, love and serve Jesus Christ through the study and practice of law, the provision of legal assistance to the poor and needy, and the defense of religious freedom and the sanctity of human life"
American Center for Law & Justice: "committed to ensuring the ongoing viability of freedom and liberty in the United States and around the world"
- "more likely to claim they are "A" students with high IQs -- even though other research shows that today's students do less homework than their counterparts did in the 1970s."
- "confidence has crossed over into overconfidence"
- "decades of relentless, uncritical boosterism by parents and school systems may be producing a generation of kids with expectations that are out of sync with the challenges of the real world"
- "compared to their counterparts from the '70s, today's youth also tended to rate themselves as more intelligent and were more likely to say they were "completely satisfied" with themselves"
- "setting goals for yourself is a good thing. It's just when those goals are wildly unrealistic, then that can cause trouble for everyone"
- "'These kids didn't raise themselves, they got these ideas from somewhere,' Twenge said. With handing out endless praise, kids today readily believe they are somehow superior, she said. And teachers aren't blameless, either: According to Twenge, research shows that high school teachers now give out an "A" grade more easily than their counterparts did in the 1970s, even though today's high school students report doing less homework than students from that era."
“Do not expect to get, in the first year of your pastorate, that result which is the reward of twenty years of continuous toil in one place” Charles Spurgeon - The Soul Winner (96)
"the less you think of yourself, the more people will think of you” Charles Spurgeon - The Soul Winner (58)
“Tell the sinner all the doctrines. If you hold to Calvinistic doctrine, as I hope you do, do not stutter about it, nor stammer over it, but speak it out. Depend on it, many revivals have been evanescent because a full-orbed gospel was not proclaimed. Give the people every truth, every truth baptized in holy fire, and each truth will have its own useful effect on the mind.” Charles Spurgeon - The Soul Winner (211)
“A tract is a useful thing, but a living word is better. Your eye, and face, and voice will all help. Do not be so cowardly as to give a piece of paper where your own speech would be so much better.” Charlese Spurgeon - The Soul Winner (193)
“Young men and old men, and sisters of all ages, if you love the Lord, get a passion for souls. Do you not see them? They are going down to hell by thousands; as often as the hand upon the dial completes its circuit, hell devours multitudes, some of them ignorant of Christ and others willfully rejecting Him.” Charles Spurgeon - The Soul Winner (176)
Most Viewed Blog Posts
Dear Mr. President, I’m a Casualty of Your Drive-By Tweeting War. We all are. Last week you tweeted an insult my way. It was an acci...
Pokémon is huge fad that is reemerging with the insanely popular Pokémon Go mobile app/game. No doubt, the technology and gaming is AMA...
The below Bible verses are a set that were helpful to my family and my mother as she passed away from cancer. I was reminded of them recent...