- Day 1: fertilization: all human chromosomes are present; unique human life begins.Click photo to enlarge.
- Day 6: embryo begins implantation in the uterus.
- Day 22: heart begins to beat with the child's own blood, often a different type than the mothers'.
- Week 3: By the end of third week the child's backbone spinal column and nervous system are forming. The liver, kidneys and intestines begin to take shape.
- Week 4: By the end of week four the child is ten thousand times larger than the fertilized egg.
- Week 5: Eyes, legs, and hands begin to develop.
- Week 6: Brain waves are detectable; mouth and lips are present; fingernails are forming.
- Week 7: Eyelids, and toes form, nose distinct. The baby is kicking and swimming.
- Week 8: Every organ is in place, bones begin to replace cartilage, and fingerprints begin to form. By the 8th week the baby can begin to hear.
Romans 1:20 "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. "
Let's not forget or take for granted how God has revealed Himself so clearly!
The ultrasound is of a new baby at almost 5 weeks old...