Hospital Day # 17 - 12/18/23 PM - Two More Weeks of Hospitalization To Go
Brittney did really well today. She ate well and was able to walk around the ICU 4 times. She was awake much longer and impressed her therapists, nurses and doctors with her progress. We are so grateful for your continued prayers and encouragement. Her headache pain was more manageable thankfully, but unfortunately she is now also struggling with severe leg cramps.
Brittney’s situation has been described by her surgeon as “uncharted waters” since there is no conventional way to navigate. Her situation is tricky because she has to have blood thinner so that her 4 stents don’t clot up and cause her to stroke. Simultaneously, her blood thinner cannot be the normal amount since she has already had a brain bleed stroke for unknown reasons. So we will remain hospitalized for two more weeks in order to ensure adequate monitoring, testing, and adjustments to Brittney’s blood thinner medications.
Two more weeks. It is a lot to think about, but we trust the care team who is helping us. We will take it all one day at a time and know that God will give us and our family the strength for each day. We covet your prayers as this is an especially hard season to be away from home. Lord willing, we will
Ways to Pray:
- For Brittney to get an INDIVIDUAL ROOM for the next two weeks (most rooms are double occupancy outside the ICU and we will be “downgraded” out of the ICU tomorrow)…an individual room would be a huge blessing for much needed rest
- For the next two weeks to fly by both for us and the girls
- For continued protection from brain bleeds and blood clots
- For relief from headache pain and leg cramps
- For a great nursing team in our next destination within the hospital
- For great physical, occupational, and speech therapy - for Brittney’s stroke recovery to progress rapidly with a full recovery ahead
- For the long term health and protection of Brittney’s arteries throughout her body
Matthew 6:27,33-34 "And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?... But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." (ESV)
Here is a place where I’ve archived the posts from our 17 days of hospital stays so far. www.jonathancarl.org
Brittney loves cards! Details here: http://www.jonathancarl.org/.../hospital-day-13-1214-pm.html