Lots of good questions are being raised lately due to the plethora of situations regarding gay marriage and likely 'hate crime' legislation:
- What does the Bible say about gay marriage / same sex marriage?
- Is it possible to be a gay Christian?
- What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?
- What does the Bible say about bisexuality? Is being a bisexual a sin?
- What does the Bible say about transsexualism / transgenderism? Is gender identity disorder / gender dysphoria the result of sin?
- Are Christians guilty of hate speech?
- What does the Bible say about getting a sex change?
Apart from homosexual sins, it is equally important not to lose focus on the many heterosexual sins that we often choose to overlook or not confront...
- What does the Bible say about sex before marriage / premarital sex?
- What is an appropriate level of intimacy before marriage?
- Is it wrong for a couple to live together before they are married?
- Is it wrong to have a relationship with a close relative?
- What is the difference between dating and courting?
- If an unmarried couple has sex, are they married in God's eyes?
- Should a married person have a close friend of the opposite sex?
- What should I be looking for in a husband?
- What should I be looking for in a wife?
- Is born again virginity possible?
- What does the Bible say about the concept of a common law marriage?
- What does the Bible say about divorce and remarriage?
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (ESV) " 9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."
- An 'addicted gamer' spends 24 hours a week playing video games
- A 'casual gamer' ONLY spends 12 hours a week playing video games
How awesome would it be for us to have 1 in 10 Christians addicted to the Bible and Prayer! How incredible would it be if the 'casual Christian' invested 1.5 hours a day in their walk with Christ??
Where is your time, energy, emotions, and focus directed? How can you seek to shift your 'addictions' towards Jesus Christ?
Psalm 1:1-3 "1Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; 2but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers."
Ephesians 3:14-19 "14For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."
- Questions about God
- Questions about Jesus
- Questions about the Bible
- Questions about Salvation
- Questions about Heaven and Hell
- Questions about Prayer
- Questions about Sin
- Questions about Friends and School
- Questions about the World
- Questions about Family
- Questions about Other Stuff
- Sexting - Protect Your Teens
- Cell Phone Monitoring - My Mobile Watchdog
- Parenting and Media
- K9 Web Protection - FREE Internet Control and Filter Software
- Christians and Pornography - A Growing Problem
- PureIntimacy.org - A Website for 'Recovering the Heart of Sexuality'
- Parents, Protect Your Sons!
- Top 10 Internet Filters
- Computer Resources for Parents
- Organized Prayer Groups & Activities
- Teachers, Administrators & School Employees
- Moments of Silence
- Accomodation of Prayer During Instructional Time
- Religious Expression and Prayer in Class Assignments
- Student Assemblies & Extracurricular Activities
- Prayer at Graduation
- Baccalaureate Ceremonies
www.firstamendmentcenter.org has a plethora of educational resources to include helpful lesson plans on teaching about the first amendment and articles on petition, assembly, press, speech, and religious liberty.
Under Religious Liberty in Public Schools there is a helpful breakdown of specific topics/areas of concer:
- School prayer
- Religious holidays
- Student religious practices
- Released time
- Teaching about religion
- Pledge of Allegiance & religious liberty in public schools
- Religious clubs
- Public schools & religious communities
- Teachers' religious liberties
- Bible in school
- Distributing religious literature
- Graduation ceremonies
- Evolution & creation
Most Viewed Blog Posts
Dear Mr. President, I’m a Casualty of Your Drive-By Tweeting War. We all are. Last week you tweeted an insult my way. It was an acci...
Pokémon is huge fad that is reemerging with the insanely popular Pokémon Go mobile app/game. No doubt, the technology and gaming is AMA...
The below Bible verses are a set that were helpful to my family and my mother as she passed away from cancer. I was reminded of them recent...