- What do you hold on tight to?
- How do you discern between what you "need" and "want"?
- Do you want to get rich? Do you want temptation/traps/ruin/destruction?
- Do you love money? Do you invest your emotions/energy/time/spirit into getting money?
- Are you wandering from the faith?
- Are you pierced with many griefs?
1 Timothy 6:17-19 "Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. 19In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life. "
- Are you arrogant?
- Do you trust your wealth more than God?
- Does your enjoyment/joy come from God or from this world?
- Are you rich in good deeds towards others?
- Are you generous, willing to share?
- Are you laying up treasure in your bank account or in Heaven?
- "I feel gender is more between the ears than between the legs." - Chaz Bono
- "I felt more male than female." - Chaz Bono
- "If you're happy, we're happy for you." - GMA anchor Chris Cuomo to Chaz Bono regarding her 'transgender identity'
- freedom to sin extravagantly and creatively
- freedom to worship the creation instead of the Creator
- freedom to exchange the truth of God for a lie
- freedom to be fools while claiming to be wise
- freedom to degrade our bodies
- freedom to approve and encourage wickedness
- freedom to earn the wrath of God
May our nation and all of its people repent of their sin and turn to Christ.
I hope and pray that Penn Jillete comes to repent of his sin and trust in Christ as his Lord and Savior before he dies. He has heard the Good News but has rejected it. What about the billions who haven't heard the name of Christ?
Romans 10:14-15 "14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'"
- Do the teenagers really know what the acronyms they use mean? (wtf, fml, etc...)
- Do the parents know what their kids are saying?
- Is it intentional or unintentional? How can I get them to be intentional in speech?
- How can I inspire them to be more careful with the language they use?
- Foul acronyms are just as awful as foul language.
- If you wouldn't say it out loud to your parents, grandparents, teachers, or pastor...you shouldn't be texting/IMing/FBing it as an acronym.
- The fingers on a keyboard or cell phone are just as dangerous as the tongue.
James 1:26-27 "26If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. 27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
Proverbs 12:18 "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. "
Previous posts with texting/technology connections:
- Text Messaging Language Chart
- Sexting - Protect Your Teens
- Cell Phone Monitoring - My Mobile Watchdog
- Parenting and Media
- K9 Web Protection - FREE Internet Control and Filter Software
- Christians and Pornography - A Growing Problem
- PureIntimacy.org - A Website for 'Recovering the Heart of Sexuality'
- Parents, Protect Your Sons!
- Top 10 Internet Filters
- Computer Resources for Parents
- Social Media Revolution
- Pornography & Technology - A Continuing Danger
- Praying for People Facing Hard Times - Part 1, 1 Thessalonians 3:9-13
- Praying for People Facing Hard Times - Part 2, 1 Thessalonians 3:9-13
- Praying for Leaders in High Places, Nehemiah 1:4-11
- Praying that We Will Do More for God, 1 Chronicles 4:9-10
- Praying for God to be Famous, 1 Kings 18:36-39
- How to Pray for Your Children, Matthew 20:20-28
It is convicting to me how weak my prayers are compared to the intensity, passion, godliness, specificity, breadth, and depth that saturate the prayers we find within the Scripture. How many opportunities to be used have I missed as a result of a lack of God-centered prayer? I hope and pray to draw closer to God every day in order that He may use my supplication and life in a way that glorifies Him in the way He deserves.
Ephesians 6:18 "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints"
- Determine what you will differently next time
- Do it!
Colossians 3:21 "Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged"
Ephesians 6:4 "Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."
- "she says she knew it was time to leave after she watched a fetus 'crumple' as it was vacuumed out of a patient's uterus in September"
- "'When I was working at Planned Parenthood I was extremely pro-choice,' Johnson told FoxNews.com. But after seeing the internal workings of the procedure for the first time on an ultrasound monitor, 'I would say there was a definite conversion in my heart ... a spiritual conversion.'"
- speaking of the abortion business she states, "It's a very lucrative business and that's why they want to increase numbers"
- "A spokeswoman for Planned Parenthood refused to answer questions about Johnson's accusations, but released a statement noting that a district court had issued a temporary restraining order against the former branch director and against the Coalition for Life, an anti-abortion group with which Johnson is now affiliated."
If you want to be broken in spirit over this great sin that kills so many thousands daily in our country, go to www.abort73.com (NOTE: this website has graphic photos and videos of abortions that are not appropriate for children...keep in mind however, that it is children who are doing the vast majority of these abortions). It is especially disturbing, convicting, and motivating to see the carnage of the innocents.
TO THOSE WHO ARE 'PRO-CHOICE': Before you try to defend or maintain your 'position', I sure hope you have the courage to look at the torn, dismembered bodies on the above website. Their blood in on your hands as you equip, facilitate, and accelerate this great plague of murder that is spreading across our nation and world. I am so disgusted by those infatuated with the darkness but I am also filled with love, hope, and compassion that you might possibly change through the work of the Holy Spirit.
I hope and pray that many shall rise up in prayer and petition to our God, and to the authorities over us, for change!
Psalm 82:3-4 "Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. 4 Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. "
Matthew 5:44-45 "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."
Psalm 139:13 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. "
Most Viewed Blog Posts
Dear Mr. President, I’m a Casualty of Your Drive-By Tweeting War. We all are. Last week you tweeted an insult my way. It was an acci...
Pokémon is huge fad that is reemerging with the insanely popular Pokémon Go mobile app/game. No doubt, the technology and gaming is AMA...
The below Bible verses are a set that were helpful to my family and my mother as she passed away from cancer. I was reminded of them recent...