1 John 2:1 (ESV) " My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. "
1 John 2:15 (ESV) "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him."
1 John 2:19 (ESV) "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us."
When I traveled across Israel I intentionally selected a Bible that would compliment my studies. I selected the Archaelogical Study Bible (and later found out that one of its editors was a professor leading my group, Dr. Duane Garrett; another Hebrew scholar, Dr. Russell Fuller was another group leader). I especially appreciated the Archaeological Study Bible becuase it had short articles and pictures about every site that we visited. I would read the short articles on the way to the site and they greatly prepared me for what I was about to see. The pictures and descriptions were helpful in understanding both the history and the culture.
- Bottom of page study notes highlight and add further explanation to passages that speak on archaeological or cultural facts included in the Scripture
- 520 Articles (520) covering Archaeological Sites, Cultural and Historical Notes, Ancient Peoples and Lands, the Reliability of the Bible, Ancient Texts and Artifacts
- Approximately 500 4-color photographs interspersed throughout
- Detailed book introductions that provide basic, at-a-glance information
- In-text color maps that assist the reader in placing the action
Most Viewed Blog Posts
Dear Mr. President, I’m a Casualty of Your Drive-By Tweeting War. We all are. Last week you tweeted an insult my way. It was an acci...
Pokémon is huge fad that is reemerging with the insanely popular Pokémon Go mobile app/game. No doubt, the technology and gaming is AMA...
The below Bible verses are a set that were helpful to my family and my mother as she passed away from cancer. I was reminded of them recent...