Hospital Day # 18 - 12/19/23 - A Bad Day - Brittney Collapsed Like a Rock in the Bathroom
So while videos of Brittney walking are encouraging and uplifting, the real picture of 95% of her days are of her curled up in darkness on her bed with a quiet cry when she’s awake (but she threatens me if I take a picture of her like that).
Today was a bad day. Don’t get me wrong, we are blessed in many ways…alive, no new stroke or clots, and still in the wonderful stroke ICU care.
But Brittney is worn out from fighting. She need’s God’s strength and healing.
- She is frustrated with her inability to read, write, or do math yet (it takes awhile for her brain to heal)
- She is tired of hurting and being weak. She is afraid.
- She collapsed in the bathroom at the sink, but thankfully me and the nurse were able to drag her into bed without her being injured or losing consciousness.
Plus I picked up a virus. Please pray that Brittney doesn’t get sick (she was exposed to me while I was contagious before I showed any symptoms). We want to be together 100% of the time at this point because of the seriousness of her situation. I need healing. Brittney needs protection.
It is so hard to watch her progress and then regress. It is so hard to have no answers. But God is with us, so we will move forward and stand firm in His strength. But we treasure your prayers. We are hurting. Thank you for all of your love and prayers.
Ways to Pray:
- No new brain bleeds (they just rushed her back for a new CT scan) or blocked arteries
- Continued care in the ICU as long as we need it (it was a blessing that we had the extra care today…if Brittney had fallen and hit her head the results could have been devastating
- A private/individual room whenever we get stepped out of ICU
- Wisdom for the doctors to help Brittney
- God’s miraculous healing hand upon Brittney
Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” (ESV)
Here is a place where I’ve archived the posts from our 18 days of hospital stays so far. www.jonathancarl.org
Brittney loves cards! Details here: http://www.jonathancarl.org/.../hospital-day-13-1214-pm.html (thank you for the amazing amount of cards flowing in…we were able to read a few to her today!)